From Sandi Meier
1/4 c. oil
2 onions, chopped
2 medium carrot, chopped
about 1c. minced parsley
2 T.dried basil
1 t dried oregano
1 15 1/2 oz. can tomatoes, drained
1 can white beans (I like S&W small white beans),bean liquid reserved
2 t salt
pepper to taste
12 oz any small shaped pasta (I like penne)
In large sauce pan saute onions, carrots,parsley,basil and oregano. Cook until vegetable wilt. Add tomatoes, bean liquid, salt a pepper. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add drained beans, simmer about 20 minutes. While this is simmering prepare pasta according to package directions and drain. Stir into vegetable mixture. Note: I've played around a bit w/ the amount of pasta as the original recipe called for a pound (16 oz) of pasta. I use less because I like a lot of sauce. Use whatever you like.
Friday, March 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment