This is one of my favorite days of Lent! I went to Costco yesterday and the grocery store today. We are now all stocked up on Lenten foods (and a few yummy cheese things for this week). This afternoon I'm looking forward to cleaning out my pantry and fridge and putting away all our Lenten goods. Cam and I had a great discussion yesterday about finances and the cost of groceries (usually finances are not so much fun to talk about). We are going to work hard this Lent to spend less money on groceries. We plan to eat much more soup, beans, etc. versus the more expensive shrimp, chick patties, etc. We'll see how it goes but we want to lower our grocery bill and have more money to pay for our adoption! Tonight's dinner is clam chowder-YUM!
Thanks Cheryl for setting this up. I think it is a great idea.
Becky
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I always find it frustrating that our grocery bill doesn't seem to be any less during Lent! We still buy dairy products for the kids but still...so I hope you have success!
You crack me up! A new day in Lent: Shopping Day!! I love it.
Post a Comment